Undergraduate BTEC qualifications – Higher National
Our British recognised international qualifications are aimed at talented students aged 18 and above from diverse backgrounds. Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Higher National Diplomas (HND) are undergraduatle level qualifications in areas of Business, Accounting, Marketing, Law and Management. Those work-related programmes reflect the requirements set by professional organisations across industry, giving our students the knowledge, skills and experience demanded by today’s employers. They are widely recognised by universities and professional bodies carrying ECTS credits. All European recognised Undergraduate courses carry 60 ECTS which ensures recognition of attainment throughout Europe and beyond. Higher Nationals provide 60 ECTS during the first year at the Certificate level and 60 ECTS during the Diploma level. Upon graduation, students will have accumulated 120 ECTS which allow them to pursue an international career worldwide, continue their further higher education on international level or proceed with specialised education at a worldwide recognised professional body such as CIMA, CIM, ACCA, CFA or others.
Why BTEC Higher Nationals?
- Internationally recognised
- Career focused qualifications
- ECTS points attributed
- Counts towards a university degree
- Practical and engaging assessment
- Prepares students for the 21st century world of work
- Accredited by Edexcel, UK’s largest awarding body
- Business and Marketing
- Business and Accounting
- Business and Law
- Business and Management
- Business Environment
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Marketing Principles
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
- Business Decision Making
- Business Strategy
- Research Project
Choice of a minimum of 8 different courses based on your specialisation e.g.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Managing Business activities to Achieve Results
- Marketing Intelligence
- Business Law
- Project Management for Business
- Small Business Enterprise
- Financial Investment Opportunities
- Operations Management
BTEC Higher Nationals at one glance
The BTEC Level 5 HND is widely recognised as equivalent to two years of university education. Everything you learn and achieve can count towards an undergraduate degree and the majority of BTEC graduates are fast-tracked to the final year of a degree course. Pearson – the provider of BTEC qualifications -works with universities to ensure that students have guaranteed progression routes in the UK, Ireland, Canada, United States and Australia. You have the option to move onto the 3rd years of the Bachelor in Economics programme with the Nobel International Fraternity Academy. Or for instance, you could then progress to the UK for your final year. Universities really value the learning experience that BTEC students get from their course: knowledge and understanding of essential theory blended with real-life, practical skills. You can research your international continuous study options by exploring the Pearson Degree Course Finder.
With record youth unemployment across the EU, getting a qualification that leads to employment has never been more important, or more challenging. That’s why many choose BTEC – because BTEC prepares students for work. Whether you go into employment, set up your own entrepreneurial venture with the support from the Nobel Academies network, or go onto further studies first, your experience with BTEC will help give you the edge when applying for your first job. All BTEC HNs are developed alongside industry practitioners and professional bodies. This makes BTEC content dynamic, relevant and valued by employers such as BT, the Premier League and Manpower – who even use BTEC courses for their own training and development, showing just how highly BTEC is valued.
Building on Nobel Academy’s qualifications students can progress to further UK qualifications in many domains. The chartered institutes offer accounting in CIMA and ACCA, marketing in CIM, finance in CFA, human resources in CDIP. For students heading towards a life in the USA, the CPA route opens up for accountancy qualification. Depending on which qualifications you choose, you will be able to carry forward credits towards those qualifications.
All BTEC is recognised by employers, universities and professional bodies from across the globe, giving you recognition for your learning, wherever you travel in the future. BTEC qualifications have been mapped on to the ‘European Qualifications Framework’. This is a Europe-wide set of qualifications standards with 8-qualifications levels (from entry to doctorate level). Being mapped to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) means that each BTEC qualification can be mapped to any other in Europe, giving BTEC holders a recognised standard within the EU and beyond. For example BTEC National Diplomas are accepted for entry in 95% of UK universities.
- 95% of UK Higher Education Institutes accept BTEC
- 55,000+ BTEC students go to university each year
- Over 200 universities worldwide
- Over 70 professional bodies
- International employers such as Lufthansa, Shell, British Telecom
BTEC in Numbers
- 1’700,00+ students choose BTEC courses every year
- 90% said learning a BTEC was important for further studies
- 90% said learning a BTEC was important for getting a job
- 87% satisfied or very satisfied with the qualifications
- 76% boosted confidence by taking a BTEC
- Minimum age, 17+years old
- Full secondary education. NQF 3 for example A levels OR AS levels (no less than grade D)
- English proficiency: PTE 51 (minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 5.5 (minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5) or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
- Full Personal Statement – explaining how you would benefit from the course
- Mature students (over 21) are accepted, subject to professional references
Next intake: October 2014
Duration: 2 years (full time) or 4 years (part time)
Study mode: Online
Fees: $6000 per year
To apply or for more information please contact our educational advisors by telephone on +41 44 586 80 55 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org